Job Description: Technical Support Specialist I
The Technical Support Specialist is the primary contact for new and existing merchants who have technical issues. The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for all troubleshooting for company products and services provided to our customers. Provide frontline customer support, including hardware/software troubleshooting and diagnosis. Respond to merchant requests and product issues with a sense of urgency. Communicate technical concepts in layman’s terms. Establish and maintain relationships with merchants. Work closely with our sales team, help in presenting quotes of IT hardware, software, and service solutions to current/potential customers. And lastly ensure merchant processing is reliable and secure.
- Answer all inbound calls, presented from the IVR
- Support new and existing customers with processing issues
- Troubleshoot client’s issues remotely and onsite
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Assist in basic IT support within the office
- Knowledge of credit card processing operations, technology, and equipment
- Equipment installations, which includes pre-installation assessments and training of our customers regarding the use of company products and services
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and vendors in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to multitask in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills both in Spanish and English
- Adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness to coping with the changing demands of the job
- Quick, analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Ability to manage all types of personalities
- Understand that the client’s satisfaction is a priority
- Outgoing personality and the ability to work with people with a range of skills and differing needs.
- Work schedule for this position is from Tuesday to Saturday 1:00 pm until 10:00 pm
- Week-end work rotations are also required and will be coordinated accordingly with other members to ensure efficient and appropriate coverage is provided to our customers.
- Possess strong knowledge pertaining to Windows Based platforms ranging from Windows XP – Windows 10 BUT not limited to Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2016
- Handle all Windows based issues to include but not limited to installing/upgrading/troubleshooting various OS issues, virus and network related incidents. * Ability to acknowledge and accept responsibilities as well as take ownership on assignments and tasks to ensure completion.
- Must be able to adapt and learn new skills in a fast paced industry;
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of three years’ experience in a formal training environment is required
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Individual must have a valid driver license.
- Self-motivated, team player, detail oriented, and well organized;
- Passion of technology and desire to solve problem;
- Related experience in the computer technical support field, onsite technician experience a plus;
- Knowledge of POS (point of sale) industry hardware and software